Monday 10 August 2009

Interesting bits and bobs, antique curtain rings & haberdashery







I am currently sorting through my boxes of antique and vintage haberdashery, as the collection is rapidly getting out of control... I discovered a wealth of different antique French brass curtain rings, they both look and feel like pirates treasure! I had completely forgotten about a bag filled with early French bakerlite hunting buttons with dogs, boars, deer etc in relief on the fronts. I found a large bundle of deep green vintage French embroidery cotton, and have split the bundle into individual skeins to sell in my ebay shop. Chya came and joined me half way through taking these photos, he loves to get involved with whatever is going on!

I think I will sell quite a lot of haberdashery over the next few weeks, I need to make room for more, as I have a few large buying trips coming up in the next few weeks! I love being in the textile business, it gives me permission to shop till I drop for textiles several times a year. Textile heaven...


4 comments:

  1. I have been trying to figure a way to sell on ebay, doing tutorials, etc. It seems complex, but I need to get rid of things too in order to simplify my life.

    Such a beautiful black kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more than happy to offer tips, advice if you are interested, it can be quite a daunting prospect to start with! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK SELLING YOUR TEXTILE TREASURES!
    THEY ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL... THAT I`M SURE THAT YOU WILL SELL THEM, WITH NO PROBLEM, WHATSOEVER!
    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete